Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Sad Tale

I am the center of attraction.

Friends and relatives alike always take notice of me whenever they visit.

My family always makes sure that I am up-to-date with every occasion worth remembering.

I am the source of their happiness.

But that was then.

Now, I sit here alone.

Nobody notices me anymore.

I haven’t been updated for God knows how long.

I am now forgotten and longing for attention.

One day, I was pulled out from where I was resting.

In the beginning I couldn’t comprehend what was happening.

Dusts were wiped off my covers and my pages were once again opened.

I felt the touch which brought warmth and a feeling of nostalgia.

I haven’t felt that good in a long time.

Finally, the bad dream has been broken. Or so I thought.

Suddenly my plastic lamination was torn off.

Pictures were taken one by one.

Pictures I have embraced and protected for so long.

Pictures I kept and have been a part of me.

One by one they were placed on a scanner.

I heard about a similar story like mine some time ago.

I just didn’t realize it would also happen to me.

Postal stamp was the first to complain.

And I’m pretty sure you heard about the story of Dyolen, Sipa, Goma, Teks and others.

We suffered the same fate.

Forgotten in an era they now call “Digital Age.”


:o)


No comments:

Post a Comment